Monday, February 11, 2013

Finally.

Finally, finally, finally the crazy weeks are over! The past three weeks have been insane, to say the least. Brandon and I have both had about two tests each week, and an overflow of papers and assignments to do. Thankfully, the tests are passed, the papers are done, and we will (hopefully) have some down time this week to enjoy each others company. Brandon still has a test in his second class today, and I have an in-class paper to write tomorrow, but the rest of the week is completely open, so we are pretty excited!

Unfortunately, we are pretty much already in vacation mode. We leave for Disneyland in 25 days, 6 hours, and 24 minutes, and yes, we are counting down the days. Our little paper chain is starting to get so small!! We/I have also already started looking into planning our vacation to New York for Christmas...can anyone tell we have a bad case of senioritis already? And pretty much every day we talk about how excited we are to graduate and move somewhere new for grad school. We are getting pretty antsy here in the daily routine. Once summer comes I'm sure it will be better, but because it is so cold outside we always just shut ourselves in the living room and watch movies.

This past weekend was pretty great! We went to dinner with Brandon's brother James and his girlfriend Candis on Friday night to a super authentic Mexican restaurant. You know the kind, super sketchy, but the food is amazing, and then you end up taking all your friends there because you feel like you have discovered a hidden gem? We didn't exactly discover it, I guess, because it was packed that night, but it was tasty nonetheless! After that we went home and watched Here Comes the Boom. It was pretty funny, but I fell asleep, so we finished it the next morning. Saturday afternoon we went and saw Identity Thief. I laughed through the entire movie! We went home for a little bit, then left the house again to go to Costa for dinner. After that, I went to a bachelorette party, and Brandon played video games and finally conquered Uncharted 3. Needless to say, he was pretty proud. Then yesterday we woke up around 10:30, I worked 12-6:00, then we went to have a birthday celebration with his family. I seriously don't even know where the weekend went. My six hour shift yesterday felt like it was only 2 hours, which is great, but I am afraid this whole week won't fly by like that.

Valentine's day is Thursday and this year it is a surprise! Kind of. I am pretty sure Brandon is taking me to see Safe Haven, and he said that dinner is involved, which, let's be real, is probably going to end up being Costa Vida. I wanted to buy him some clothes for Valentine's Day but he is specific with how his clothes fit so I want to take him shopping sometime this week.

After writing all of this, I realize why I don't blog too often: I'm boring. Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment