Monday, July 30, 2012

Yet Another Monday

     Is anyone as tired of Mondays as I am? I swear, every Monday when the alarm goes off I want to throw it out the window and just sleep all day. This weekend was a good one though, and I am getting pretty anxious for these next few weeks to speed by! Friday night Brandon and I went and saw the new Batman movie with his family. It was really good, but super long. I wanted to go to the show at 6:30, but his brother put up a fight so they could watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, so against my better judgement we went at 8:15. Okay, I am an old woman alright? No offense, grandmas, I think you party harder than I do anyways. But it hit about 10:30 during the movie and I could hardly keep my eyes open. Its pathetic really. But Brandon loved it and already wants to see it again; he was telling me that as soon as we got home from the movie actually, so it was a success!
     Saturday morning we woke up around nine and went for a run. We came home and Brandon cut his hair while I worked out some more, then we had eggs and asparagus for breakfast! Mmmm...it was such a good way to start the day. Last week I borrowed all seven seasons of Boy Meets World from the library, so we watched that for probably about an hour Saturday morning during and after breakfast. Finally around 1:00 we decided we should actually go do something, so we went to the zoo! The Logan Zoo isn't too terribly exciting, but it was fun to get out and see the animals anyways. Afterwards we got sno cones and went and walked around the mall. Nobody punch me for this, but I bought a new pair of shorts and they are size 3. I am pretty sure they are a bit mis-sized, because I haven't been a size 3 since I was like 5, but I am pretty excited about it regardless. Brandon's friend and his wife from Salt Lake were driving home from Bear Lake, so on their way they stopped at our apartment. We were going to go to dinner, but they weren't ever hungry. We sat around and talked for about two hours and it was a lot of fun! Brandon and I stayed with them when we went to St. George for spring break last March before we were married. They are both from Idaho Falls actually, and the wife is just a year older than I am. The best part of the whole time we talked was that she loves cats just as much as I do, and her husband is like Brandon in the fact that he loves their cat, but doesn't like to admit it. So we seriously probably spent a good 45 minutes total talking about our cats. After they left, we met Brandon's dad to look at some tires for Brandon's car. Since we didn't go to dinner with Nate and Casey, we were both starving after we met with his dad. It was like 9:00 by this time. I never like to eat this late, but I was so starving and pizza sounded amazing, so we went to Pizza Pie Cafe. It is like Primo's, but definitely not as good. For those of you who know how much my dad loves Primo's, I am sure you can understand why going to Pizza Pie Cafe made me excited to see my family this weekend! After pizza, we went home to watch more Boy Meets World, but I fell into a food coma like 45 minutes into the shows. WHY AM I SO PATHETIC? I miss the days when I could stay up until 3:00 in the morning and be ready to go the next day.
     Sunday we watched a lot of Boy Meets World. We had more eggs and asparagus, and then watched more Boy Meets World. I think we have finished like 20 of the 22 episodes of the first season. Its really not that bad though, because they are only 20 minutes episodes. We went to dinner at Brandon's parents' house, then went home to finish the laundry. We have a hole in our bathroom wall currently because the towel rod anchors had come loose in the drywall (even before we moved in) and we basically got tired of it and pulled the anchors out. So last night we ran to Walmart, like, we literally ran there, bought some stuff to fix it up, and did what we could last night. So that is our fun little project for this week! We need to finish spackling, then sand it, paint it, and more than likely just buy a whole new towel rod.
     People, I only have one more month until school starts. It seems like a long time, but I realized last night how much I have to do before then. Brandon and I found a new apartment. It is one that his mom manages, and I had only ever seen it in the dark until last night and I absolutely fell in love with it. The living room is smaller, the kitchen is bigger, there is a half bath downstairs, the bedrooms are about the same size, there is a coat closet, a sink outside the bathroom as well as in which is weird but whatever, and there is a closet just outside the bathroom. Oh and did I mention that there is a CHAIR RAIL throughout the entire living room and kitchen??? TWO TONE PAINT IN BOTH ROOMS PEOPLE. I love it so much because its not just the blah blah boring white or brown that every apartment seems to be. Plus, because his mom manages them, she will let us upgrade little things, like sink fixtures and curtain rods. And we are getting a killer deal. We are hoping that the utilities at this apartment will be less expensive than what we are currently paying, but we are mostly excited that our hot water probably won't run out after showering for five minutes.
     Anyways, the point I was trying to make with that, is that now I have a lot of packing to do. It would be way hard to start packing stuff now, because we use a lot of things that we own; most of them actually. But here is the rundown of our lives. Thursday night this week we are going to Salt Lake to watch The Odd Life of Timothy Green for free, which means we have to pack Wednesday night for our trip to Boise that takes place Friday-Sunday. Then we work full time next week, then the following Tuesday we leave for Florida until the Thursday before school starts. Seriously, we get back on Thursday, then have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to buy school supplies and mentally prepare ourselves for school. We will go to school that first week and then the first weekend in September is when we are planning to move. When on Earth am I going to have time to pack????? The answer is: I have no freaking idea. I guess I will just have to do a little here and a little there, and then when that weekend comes we will be moving our stuff all in one day from sun up to sundown. Luckily its a three day weekend so we will have that extra day to get every set up the way we like it.
     So that is our life currently, and I love it. We all love it. Have I mentioned that I have the best little family ever? And I am so so SO excited to go see my family this weekend. It has only been like three weeks since I have seen them but that is long enough! Good luck with Monday everyone. Do something exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment