Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The moment you all have been waiting for...

I guess it's about time I update the blog huh? Who even knows why I haven't posted anything in the past month. Oh wait, I know why. It's because nothing exciting ever really happens in our lives. Or so I thought; because I realized this morning that there has actually been a lot going on that I have not blogged about! I'll start from last month.

Def Leppard.
Anthony loves Def Leppard. He loves any kind of music that makes you feel like you are living during the times when your parents were the age you are now. I don't think that is necessarily why he likes the music, but all I know is that he likes it loud. Anthony, Adrian, and Anthony's friend Jared came down to Utah on June 19 to go to the Def Leppard concert in Salt Lake. Brandon and I met my mom and the boys in Burley, stopped for lunch, then we took the boys back home with us to Logan. That night started off with bang: swimming at Brandon's grandparents pool. Brandon and I had to work the next day, so it was an early night for the two of us. The next day, Wednesday/ the day of the concert, I worked for a few hours in the morning, then went home and made Mickey waffles for the boys. It wasn't quite warm enough to go swimming, so I took them to go see Madagascar 3. After the movie, we picked up Brandon and headed to Salt Lake! We stopped at In-n-Out on the way to drop off Anthony and Jared, and it was quite tasty! We dropped them off just outside Salt Lake and headed into the city with Adrian.

We three decided to hit up the nickel arcade. I am sad to report that it was not everything we dreamed of. We may have spent a lot of money and only gotten candy and slime with our tickets, but who cares! Arcade games are always fun, right? After the nickelcade, we weren't really sure what else to do. With Adrian though, when in doubt, feed him. So we drove to the Gateway Mall and got a blizzard from Dairy Queen! At this point it was only 9:00 but all of the stores were closing, so we drove back to the concert and listened to the rest of it. The concert was outside so we just parked in the parking lot and could hear it really well!

Anthony and Jared had an awesome time! I'm not positive because I fell asleep, but I am pretty sure they talked about it the entire way home. We got home around 1:00 in the morning, so needless to say Thursday morning was rough! Brandon and I both went to work, and I came home around noon to hang out with the boys. We went swimming for a few hours that day, went to Arctic Circle, played monopoly, went and cleaned the sink at Angie's, and then saw Rock of Ages that night!
"The Sink" is just a huge sink full of ice cream! All five of us took part, but Adrian didn't want to be in the picture.

These handsome guys are my brothers playing Monopoly Deal. This was pre-real monopoly screamfeset.
I forgot to mention something. So we got into Rock of Ages that night for free by one of our good friends, and I had planned on taking him a treat as a thank you. Well, Adrian woke up earlier than the other two and I told him he could make brownies if he wanted, but he never really said whether or not he was going to. This is what I came home to:
He is usually a really good cook, but using the wrong pan can throw anyone off.
 They were mostly burnt, considering they were made on a cookie sheet, but lucky for us, Adrian is brilliant. To soften up the hard brownies, he took them into the bathroom while he showered and the steam softened them up. Haha I will admit that I ate some, but he is still crazy!

Friday Brandon and I worked almost a full day. We left Logan around 3:00 to go to Boise! We got there, dropped Jared off, checked out my parents new house, then went home and just hung out all night. Saturday we got to go boating and it was absolute bliss. The weather was perfect; it didn't even storm on us! That night we went to the movies! Brandon had promised to go see Prometheus with Adrian, so the guys went to that and my mom and I went and saw Brave! So good! Sunday we said a hard good-bye and came back to Logan.

Okay mostly so far that is the most exciting thing that has happened all summer.  We spent the fourth of July in Logan watching fireworks and barbecuing. We have both been working tons, and are still very excited for Disney World next month! Brandon just finished his summer class up today and is like a giddy school girl about it. He feels confident on his final, and I am so proud of him for his hard work during what is supposed to be a break from all the stress! Tonight we leave for the not-so-sunny San Fran. We are taking a seventeen-hour train ride from Salt Lake to San Francisco; it leaves at 11:30 tonight and we are scheduled to arrive there at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. I will be sure to update the blog with some pictures when we get back!

My great-grandma Quast passed away last week, so Sunday of this past weekend Brandon and I drove to Twin Falls to be with the fam. The circumstances were not so fun, but I had a great day with my family. I sure do wish we all lived closer together.

Happy for a Sunday drive!

Dang Brandon. He never smiles.

Just watch out for the many faces of Anthony this day..


Happy brother.

Awkward brother. And me. and Brandon.

He really adds to the view, don't ya think?

We got a new camera that takes panoramics!


We set up Brandon's hammock wherever we could and Adrian fell in love. He kept saying he was in a cacoon.


He hates pictures.

I don't think this picture actually happened. The two of us are never smiling at the same time!


Nice view, right? ;)

Here are just some other random pictures, mostly food. Whenever we make real meals Brandon feels the need to document it. I don't really know why.

Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken Ricebowls! I was so proud.


pardon the morning hair. I love my cat.



This was our 11:00 am breakfast of biscuits and gravy. It sure made a nice pre-nap meal...

Our cat is a psycho mostly.
In other news, Brandon and I paid for a movie (in Logan) for the first time in a really long time. The company we used to work for got bought out so we no longer get free drinks or popcorn. It really has been so depressing.

Also, shoutout to one of my best friends, Stephanie Dahle, on her marriage this last Saturday! I am so happy for her, and can't wait to meet her husband!

Oh, and Brandon and I have been thinking about cat names for our next cat. Any ideas? We like Chloe or Lucy. And feel free to judge, I know you all are anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment