Thursday, July 26, 2012

I am feeling pretty proud....

...so I want to share with you my pride. It's of myself, so sorry. But back in April I started trying to lose weight, and I have done a pretty good job if I say so myself. I lost four pounds in April, 2 in May, 1 in June, and 1 in July. It was so easy to lose the weight at first: I monitored what I ate, and started running a ton. May was a bit harder with finals and getting my wisdom teeth out. I lost three pounds in two days after my oral surgery because I couldn't eat, but quickly gained two back after I started eating again which is good. Because that was unhealthy. And then ever since I have been working forty hours a week this summer my weight loss abilities have quickly decreased. I think that maybe I haven't been eating enough food, given how much I have been exercising. I also don't exercise very regularly, because let's face it: when you live in an apartment with no air conditioning and its 94 degrees outside it's pretty hard to want to exercise.

One thing that has made me so happy and persistent through all of this has been Brandon. He has been so supportive and even accepting of all the healthy things I have been doing/pushing on him. I finally got him to start running with me after school got out and that has been so motivating for me. If I ever am not in the mood to run, he says "Well I'm going to go alone then." And what kind of wife would I be if I made my poor hubby go running alone? A bad one, that's what kind.

 He also has been accepting of the health food I am trying to make and the junk food I won't let us buy. We haven't bought ice cream in ages, hardly ever buy soda, and haven't made brownies or cookies in a while. Going out for ice cream is a bit more costly, but I would rather splurge on tastier ice cream once a month than keep it in our house all the time, because let me tell you, I love ice cream.

We have worked harder at incorporating more color into our meals. More veggies, more fruits, whatever it takes. My new love is asparagus; I will put asparagus in anything. Same goes for broccoli, it's not much, but it is something right? We both grew up having muffins and rolls at most every meal, and I loved that. Rolls are seriously so good, but not so good for you. I still want to have my bread, so we have whole wheat bread with melted cheese on top and that works for me!

We also love eggs: boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, whatever! Recently we have taken to making breakfast burritos with eggs, veggies, and salsa. So good! And my new favorite love is almonds. I bring one serving of those bad boys with me to work and eat half in the morning and half in the afternoon and I am full all day long!

Everyone has already said it to me: "You don't need to lose weight." I know. Trust me, I know because I have come to a standstill with losing weight and losing more is going to be hard. But it has made me feel so much better about myself. Except for the fact that now all my clothes are too big; that part sucks. Whenever I talk to Brandon about how excited I am about how I have lost weight he always, seriously most every single time says, "You aren't doing this for me right? Because if you are, you should stop." There is never a reason to lose weight for anyone but yourself, but guess what everyone: you are beautiful no matter what. I like eating, and if I wanted to eat all I could and not exercise, I would.

It has been hard sometimes, I will say that. I love milk duds and haven't had any since The Hunger Games came out. I  have had to do a lot of math in my head when I count calories; and math is hard too. But it has been worth it. And because I came back from vacation weighing less than I did before I left, I'm going to go celebrate at Costa Vida with my girlfriends.

Ps. If I can lose two more pounds by the time school starts, I will let one of you take me shopping. If you don't want that to happen....well I would probably accept treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment