Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello world.

I need a vacation. Work is long and hard, I just spent all weekend moving, and I seriously just placed a textbook order of a not small amount of money that is making my heart and wallet cry in despair. Why in the world are textbooks so expensive? Seriously though. And what happened to the days when the school provided the books and if you needed to do extra reading you just had to check it out from your teacher? I didn't even buy books for myself! I don't want to think about what my wallet would do if I had bought books for myself and Brandon. Just because I can mostly afford to go to college doesn't mean I want to pay for the other things too. Sigh. Take a vacation? Is that what you are all telling me to do? Deal. I will go to Florida tomorrow.

But really, I am going to Florida tomorrow. Can I even believe it? No. Am I nervous to fly without my parents or some other qualified adult? Yes. Sometimes Brandon and I get lost places, but you know what, he did a really good job of making pictures in our new apartment look good, so I should probably just trust him on this too.  Two days from now I will be living it up at Hogwarts. Our first day will be spent at Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios, which is where Harry Potter World is. I am probably going to cry of excitement. The next day will be spent at the other half of Universal Studios, and the following six days will be spent at Walt Disney World. It doesn't feel like we are even going, and I probably won't feel that way until we actually get to the parks. All I know is that I thought today was going to be the longest day of my entire life, but it is already 2:00!!!! Six hours down, three to go, and then I get to go spend some quality time with my kitty and pack for a vacation that I don't think I am actually taking.

Onto the real meat of the post. We spent the past five days packing, moving, unpacking and arranging our brand new little home. And by little home I mean larger-than-our-last-home apartment. But seriously, this place is a huge step up from our last apartment. The living room is smaller and has no cable hook up, but we love it so so much. Friday night we moved the last of our belongings. Brandon's dad and brother helped us move our huge washer and dryer, which was super nice of them! We had everything moved over to the new apartment by 9:30 that night! We stayed up until about 12:30 unpacking stuff and setting up beds and furniture and what not. We both woke up around seven and couldn't really sleep anymore, so we unpacked so hard until like 3:00. I was nervous about how our kitchen would work out, but I love it tons!

At 4:00, we went shopping for a few things for the new apartment, and some clothes and shoes for vacation. It was a nice break from moving, but we never really slowed down. We shopped from four to seven, then went to the fair for some tasty fair food! We had barbecue pork sandwiches for dinner with some beans that were to die for, then we walked around until we met up with our friends Keaton and Cassidy. We walked around to all the booths, saw the animals, and then ended the night with a sweet treat. Brandon and I were still so full from dinner so we got cherry limeades! They are definitely my favorite treat of the summer! After the fair, we were so exhausted that we went home and got in bed and were asleep before eleven!

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6:15 and couldn't sleep anymore. I got up and unpacked a bunch more stuff and tried to get our house more in order. Brandon and I spent the morning organizing and cleaning, then went out again so I could find some shoes. When we got home we did laundry, hung pictures, and Brandon made our entertainment center/wires look fancy and clean.

Here is a story for you. We had dinner at Brandon's parents house last night like we do every weekend, but this weekend was far more entertaining than any other Sunday. I learned about the games that Brandon and his brothers played on the trampoline. One of them was called Buttcheese. Who comes up with that? Seriously. All you do is bounce and try and hit people with your hip or your bum. Weird kids. They also like to bounce things on the trampoline. Tomatoes, fruit, frozen turkeys....who are these people? Weirdies. That's who they are, but I like them anyways :)

We spent the rest of the night trying to get our apartment to look clean and closed the night with some ice cream and an episode of The Office. Did I mention we don't have cable? How am I supposed to watch Glee or Gossip Girl or the Bachelor?????????? Maybe I will get over it.

Anyways, right before bed I took some pictures for you nice people. Please pardon the mess and the bare walls, we are working on it!

This is the view as you walk in.



Having our entire sectional set up took up too much room in the living room, so we made the sectional into a sofa!
These two pictures are of the guest bathroom. It is right off the living room.

We decided on gray and yellow for the colors in this bathroom. I am excited to decorate!

The laundry closet is just off the kitchen, right after the bathroom. I love having my washer and dryer enclosed. P.s. Mom and dad, we are still loving them!
The kitchen!! We have a lazy susan, which I usually don't love, but I love it right now!

Our HUGE dining area. Notice the patio door isn't sliding, I love it! And our patio is bigger!

The bar in this apartment is so long we can fit five stools pretty comfortably!

This is just a little nook off the dining room. You can see the section of the couch, we didn't know where else to put it!

Our pantry/coat closet! I cannot tell you how happy I am that we have a coat closet. It is a dream come true!
These are our stairs. Sophie loves them!

There is a bathroom sink outside of the bathroom right as you walk up the stairs. Its kind of weird, but I actually love it. I can get ready after I shower without getting hot from all the steam still in the room! And I love that we have a linen closet! It's the best.

The innards of the bathroom.

The shower. Its just a normal shower, nothing special. Our bedroom is to the right as you walk out of the bathroom, and the guest room is to the left.

This is the guest room! It is so much bigger than the one at our last apartment! Everything is going in here until it has a place.


This is our bedroom. We haven't quite gotten around to hanging anything up yet though!

I love how much closet space we have. The regular closet is so big that we fit all of our clothes and a dresser inside! The smaller closet has shelves, so we bought canvas bins and gave our second dresser back to Brandon's parents!

This is us in all our glory after a hard weekend of unpacking.



We love our new apartment tons! I have some other pictures from the past few weeks that I will now share with you :)



Sophie was trying to help Dad fill the hole in the wall.

She took to sleeping like this for a few days, I'm not really sure why though.
Now I get to talk about Sophie for a minute! The move has been hard on her, I am not even kidding. When we started packing at our last apartment everything would scare her. She couldn't walk into a room without poofing up to protect herself. And then this whole weekend we would get spooked at the tiniest things. She has had a lot of fun exploring, but I think she has been nervous that we are going to leave her. She really won't leave our sides, and hasn't since the beginning of last week. Sometimes we lose her in this apartment. That sounds weird, but it really is so much bigger than our last one. This apartment stays a lot cooler than our last one because it is two levels. The bottom floor stays super cool all day usually, and we think that Sophie doesn't love how cool it is. Whenever she gets tired she always goes upstairs to take a nap.

We took her up to Brandon's aunt and uncle's house last week because they got a new six week old kitten. We hoped that Sophie would love her immediately and love having someone to play with, but she definitely hated it. I don't really know about getting a second cat now :(

That's about it for today! Actually that will be it for about two weeks! We get home on Thursday the 23 and start school the following Monday. Boo school. I will try and be quick about posting pictures from our vacation!








No comments:

Post a Comment