Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 28.

Two Confessions

  1. I love my cat probably more than I love anything else in my entire life. Sorry family. My scale of love is a big one, and you are all quite high on the scale, but Sophie scores just a bit higher. If it came down to choosing who had to be saved from falling off a cliff, I would obviously choose the human over Sophie, but cats always land on their feet, right? And I would probably cry for the next seventeen years and be comforted by the other 23 cats I would have bought to fill the void in my heart from losing Sophie. When I have the choice of snuggling with Brandon or snuggling with Sophie, I generally pick Sophie (but Brandon does the same so there are no hard feelings). I just don't understand how people can't love cats. They are so small and furry and soft and so loving when they want to be and if you treat them nicely  they can be just as loyal as dogs. I have clearly done something right with Sophie, because it is not too often that a cat comes running to the door every time you come home, then flop on her back so you can scratch her tummy. Yesterday I got home but was still on the phone with my mom, so Sophie wasn't getting as much attention as she would have liked. She decided to take matters into her own paws and jumped from the floor up to my waist and latched on for a little bit of loving from me. It wasn't so cute at the time seeing as I was on the ground writhing in pain from her claws just having indulged themselves into my skin, but it was a nice gesture nonetheless. How could you even deny this precious face??



I know I sure can't. Who knew that such a small little creature could bring so much joy and love into my life?

2. My current obsession is The Bachelor. I count down the days until I can watch it again and just feel so sad when I finish watching an episode and realize I have to wait seven more days to enjoy more of the drama. I have become emotionally involved in that show. It is probably the highlight of my week. I don't love it as much as I love Sophie, but boy am I obsessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment