Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 27.

Letters to your Exes.

Hm. Well, here we go I guess.

First boyfriend,
You are a nice guy. Hope Japan is treating you well.

Meridian boy,
You were also nice, and probably still are. I hope your dad is doing well, and I hope life is good.

Carrot Top,
Thank you for giving me a great four months. Senior year definitely wouldn't have been the same without you, and I am glad that we are still friends.

Stupid Boy,
Thanks to you, I learned what I wanted in a boyfriend and what I didn't. I put so much on the line for you and you didn't even appreciate it until it was too late. Dating you was the best and worst experience of my life, and I could not be happier that it ended when it did. But thankfully, we are still friends and I can still talk to you like I can't talk to a lot of people. I am so glad that you are happy now! And I still think that you and Brandon should be best friends, so plan a man date or something.

One of my sorority sisters said to another
 "you break up with all your boyfriends until you marry one of them."
It is such a simple thing, but it is so wise. At the time, breaking up with those four boys always seemed like the end of the world, but looking back, it really wasn't. They were just stepping stones in my life that led me to where I am today, and I honestly couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment