Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas and New Years!

I cannot believe how quickly 2011 flew by. It was a year of trials, but more so a year of happiness. For my sake, I am listing some things that I did, or things that happened in each month of 2011.

January
• Brandon and I had the best/worst weekend ever. That's all you need to know
• I started the second semester of my sophomore year.
• I moved to a different room in the Kappa Delta house with a different roommate.

February
• Brandon and I celebrated our first Valentine's day together by going to see the Wizard of Oz play at his little brother's high school.
• That same night we started looking for wedding rings.
  • At the end of this month I took Brandon home to meet my family and celebrate my birthday.

 This picture is so typical of us. I love it. Ignore the date, this was February 2011.

March
• I turned 20! Brandon helped me celebrate my 20th birthday by taking me to see the Justin Bieber movie.
• Our friends Keaton and Cassidy got married on my birthday!
• We put down a deposit at the Riter Mansion, the planned location for our marriage.
• For spring break, Brandon and I went to St. George and stayed with his friend Nate and his wife. We also went down to Las Vegas for a night with Brandon's best friend Kyle.
• On that trip I hiked to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion National Park. Probably something I will never do again.

Us in Vegas

At the top of Angel's Landing

April
• Went to Kappa Delta Formal with Brandon
• Went to baby Animal days with Brandon
• Got engaged :)
• Brandon quit his job at the movie theater.

Kappa Delta Formal

Baby Animal Days

My ring!

May
• Finished out my second worst semester (grade-wise) ever.
• Brandon turned 23. What an old man.
• Moved out of the Kappa Delta House and moved in with two girls, Caroline and Hannah.
• Brandon got a new job at Campsaver.
• Brandon went to Portland with his brothers!
• Went to Moab with Brandon's family and Caroline.
• Went to Boise with Austin, Caroline and Brandon to see Wicked!

Me and Hannah

Me and Caroline. She was dating Austin before he left on his mission, but I'm pretty sure they will get married.

The whole crew at the diner in Moab

At the zoo in Boise on the day of Wicked

I have weird friends.

June
• Adopted my cute little baby Sophie.

  Sophie then.


Sophie now. She grew up to be such a pretty cat.

July
• Keaton and Cassidy talked us into moving the wedding date up. We had six weeks to plan it from the time we moved it up, including a week we would be spending in Florida.
• Brandon and I took a trip to Disney World with my family and Grandma.
• Brandon and I went to the demolition derby with his dad and Grandpa. Also, got rained, no, poured on beforehand.

August
• I quit working at the theater
• Brandon and I started our third year at Utah State
• Marriage :)


September
• We worked. A lot. And probably saw a trillion movies like we do every month.

October
• Celebrated our first married Halloween by having no trick-or-treaters and eating our own candy.

November
• Brandon and I celebrated our one year of being together by eating at Costa Vida, the place that marks our first date, engagement, and wedding.
• We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho Falls with my family.

December
• Attended the Robbins annual Christmas party.
• We both finished out the school year with straight A's...we are awesome.
• We went to Boise to celebrate Christmas with my family. At least I think we celebrated it, the day went so fast its like it wasn't here at all.
• Alyssa came down for a few day sand we played Mario Kart on our new Wii and TV nonstop.
• We finished out the year with a bang. Shawn, James and Hannah came over and they all gamed while I paid bills. We watched the ball drop then went to bed.

2011 was a pretty good year, but I can tell that 2012 is going to be even better. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment