Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Family Vacay.

I'm not quite sure how I overlooked this, but somehow I never blogged about our short vacation in California with my family. My spring break was a measly Thursday-Sunday, and we were originally planning to go to Boise to visit the fam, but easily changed our plans (because California, duh) when they invited us to join them the last half of their spring break in Anaheim. We flew in late Wednesday night after our flight had been delayed, which is seemingly becoming the norm for us and I don't like it. Anyway. The whole family-parents, brothers, grandma, and girlfriends-all piled in the expedition and met us at LAX. My favorite thing was the cargo carrier they had attached to the back of the car; it just made me think of all those family vacation movies, where there's just too many people and suitcase and not enough space. I could not stop laughing. I probably was mostly delirious from flying so late.

That first night was my mom's birthday, and the next day was my grandma's birthday! She had wanted to go to Disneyland, so we all woke up bright and early to make it to the happiest place on earth! The park was pretty busy, considering it was probably most of the country's spring break, but we didn't have to wait in line for anything longer than 45 minutes. We rode all the best rides, ate all the necessary foods (dole whips, Mickey pretzels, and Mickey ice cream bars) and had some good old-fashioned family fun. My parents even treated us all to lunch at The Blue Bayou inside of Pirates,  and it was amazing. I had this sandwich that came with three different sweet sauces to dip it in...I still dream about it all the time. It had been a while since we had done Disney with my family, so I was happy that we were able to go and have a magical day.

The next day was Adrian's birthday! My baby bro is eighteen now...weird. He wanted to spend his special day at Six Flags, so the adventurous group (everyone besides mom and grandma) went and rode rides, ate more great park food, and spent time in the warm sunny weather. That night, per Adrian's request, we had Panda Express for dinner and watched Modern Family in the hotel room while we ate.

The morning after, my family got on the road early to make half the drive back to Boise. It was a quick trip with them, but we were happy to have some time with them! Our flight didn't leave LA until five that night, so Brandon and I spent most of the day shopping and eating at Downtown Disney. We bought our traditional Mickey caramel apple, and spent hours searching for a puzzle we had seen in the park, but so stupidly waited to buy until our time in Downtown Disney. We never did find the puzzle, but we did get sunburned from spending so much time just hanging out outside.

I wish we lived closer to Disney, we would totally get annual passes and go all the time. We are going back over Memorial Weekend with our friends, and this time are doing California Adventure, and also Wizarding World! Now that Wizarding World is open in California, maybe we'll splurge and get annual passes to both anyway. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment