Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Grand Adventure.

I had to write this post a day in advance so that I could compose my thoughts well enough that any single person who is not me can actually understand what I am saying. And rereading it this morning, I see that I didn't do a very good job haha. Here's the thing: I'm pregnant and my brain has turned to mush. Literal mush. Sometimes I feel like I'm lucky to be able to string together five cohesive words in a day.

Let's start with the whole "I'm pregnant" thing: I'M FREAKING PREGNANT! We had been trying for a while, and things just weren't working out, so we kind of just assumed it wasn't in the cards at this point. Then we moved to Utah and I drank the water, and if you've ever been to Utah you know what the water does to the women around here. It feels like literally everyone is pregnant. Just in the past three weeks I can think of at least five people who have announced their pregnancy on Facebook. But how fun will that be for our little nugget?! So many potential friends for them! A few details:

1. As of today we are thirteen weeks along. We decided to wait until now, just because of the whole risk thing, but I am honestly surprised that I haven't badgered Brandon more about telling everyone early. He was the first one to know, and then I told a few of my friends, then after what seemed like a million years we finally told our families, but I am happy for word to finally be out. Not that it makes a difference that the whole world knows, but it will be nice for it to not be a secret anymore.

2. We are due November 2nd which seems like a couple thousand years away at this point, but I know it will go quickly. We are mostly just ready to start buying stuff and start prepping, but even now feels a little early.

3. Food cravings/aversions are weird and I sort of hate them. I love eating, so I hate not knowing what to eat/feeling like I don't actually want to eat anything.

So far, I feel like I have been pretty lucky when it comes to symptoms. I haven't been sick at all, just nauseous, so that is a huge blessing. I have mostly just been super tired, and keep waiting for that stage to go away, but then I remember that I'm going to be tired for the rest of my life, so I just keep chugging along!

Sometimes it still doesn't feel real, and I feel like I'm just this big hypochondriac that is making up all these ill symptoms, but then I see the ultrasound posted on the fridge and remember that the tiny thing is inside me all the time. It's the weirdest, coolest thing I think I will ever experience. Which is actually what I think I said about the catacombs in Paris too, but being pregnant definitely wins. We can't wait to meet our little nugget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment