Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday sap.

We ventured down to Logan over our three day weekend so spend some much needed time with Brandon's family and our friends. It was so nice to see everyone and interact with people our own age for a change, and spend time catching up with Brandon's parents and siblings.

Brandon's family tried to make this weekend my birthday celebration weekend, and they did a pretty great job! We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, followed by Big Hero 6, candy, and brownies. The next morning we all went to The Creperie for breakfast and it was amazing! Afterward we played Heads Up, and it was hilarious. It took a little bit for everyone to warm up and be comfortable being crazy, but by the end we had James jumping over imaginary hurdles, and Caroline and I tag-team charading the words. Brandon's mom made me a ginormous quilt for my birthday too. She told me it would probably take her a few weeks to finish, but she, Caroline, and Candis busted it out in less than a whole day! I am in love with it.

On Saturday we went to lunch with the same friends that we went to Florida with. We love that any time we spend together just never seems like enough. It is seriously always that way. We saw them Thursday night for fifteen minutes, and it about killed us to leave. We spent 3 hours with them at lunch, and even then we could have kept talking for hours. Brandon has this coming weekend off, so we invited them up to Boise and they said yes without hesitation!! We are looking forward to a fun weekend with them, and probably will end up holding them captive so they can't leave.

That same night I went to dinner with my friends (I don't think I will be hungry for the next week, all I did this weekend was eat). It was fun to catch up with the three of them; I feel like so much has changed in the last six months! We ate, laughed, and gave the waiter a hard time about the milkshake machine being broken. It's always hard to say goodbye to my friends, but I know we will for sure be seeing each other at Chelsea's wedding! Let's not wait until then though, okay guys?

I love Boise, and it's always kind of hard for me to go back to Logan, but there are a lot of people I love down there that make the trip a little bit easier. I'm thankful for Brandon's family for making me feel like a part of their family, and for my sisters-in-law who seriously could not be any cooler. I love all our couple friends, who always make me laugh and who make our marriage an adventure to be shared. I'm thankful for my friends, who have loved me at my worst and supported me through hard times, and never fail to be there when I need them the most.

I'm only a little bit sorry for the sappiness, because when life gets hard and I feel a little lonely, I get a strong reminder that there are people that love me, and that I get the privilege to love them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment