Tuesday, March 31, 2015

happy list

Right when I started thinking about this post, I remembered that once during senior year in high school, I made a happy list. The list was a whole page, front and back, written not in bullet points, but continuously on the page so that every single line was filled across the entire page. Granted, probably a good sixth of the things on the list were food items, but still, that's a lot of things that make me happy. Sometimes it's ridiculous how excited I get about things. Like when we went to Pizza Pie a few weeks ago, Brandon just kept laughing at me because I was so happy. Or when we were fridge shopping on Sunday and I just kept talking romantically about how this is our first fridge we will own. One of the guys I work with introduced me to his buddy as the resident spaz, but I don't think he meant it in a bad way (correct me if I'm wrong here, Catic). I don't think it's a bad thing that the little things in life make me happy. Sometimes I wonder, though, if my bright, positive outlook on life gives people the wrong impression or makes them think that I'm not adult enough or qualified enough to do things. I plan on applying for a different position within the school I work at, but I feel like many people (the ones who don't actually matter when it comes to applying and interviewing and all that) will think I'm way out of my league, only because I have a smile plastered to my face 95% of the day. They aren't related things, but this has just been on my mind the past few days. I didn't mean to turn this into a ranting post...so onto the happy things!

-First and foremost, Brandon was offered and accepted a job last week! After many months of searching and applying for hundreds of job (literally), he was offered a job that is going to be perfect for him. He starts on April 13th and is so excited!

-When he got the call about the job, we were just sitting on the living in our soon-to-be home. It was magic.

-We close on our house exactly five weeks from today. It is killing me to not be able to start packing yet. I'm ready to move!

-Last night we felt super grown up because we made the responsible adult decision to save money by buying brownies and ice cream instead of going to Coldstone, and I thought it was hilarious.

-Tomorrow night is the Dan + Shay concert! I bought our tickets a few months ago and have been (im)patiently waiting for it!

-I got a sunburn over the weekend. Ffity points to the sun for shining and the weather for being so nice over the last part of spring break!

-They set up a game at school where we match the staff's pets to their owners, and the pictures are hanging in the break room. Every time I'm in there with someone I know well I ask if they want to see a picture of my children and I think it's so funny. No wonder I've been dubbed the resident spaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment