Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Favorite Thing

Tomorrow we leave for DISNEYLAND!!!! I seriously am so excited that I can't even focus on anything else. I think falling asleep tonight and tomorrow night is going to be so difficult. The weather right now in Anaheim is a good 30-40 degrees warmer than it here in Logan, and I cannot wait to break out my short shorts and sandals! Sadly though, my skin is whiter than the dang snow that keeps falling from the sky. So in preparation for our trip, and for my short shorts, I went and got a spray tan.

When I say they are my new favorite thing, that might be sort of an understatement. I am in love with them. I found a $25 gift certificate to Planet Beach, so I only ended up paying $4 for my tan, and let me tell you, I look pretty good. It was way weird to get sprayed with the stuff, plus I had to hold my breath for like 30 seconds, which is hard when you are nervous turns out, and I smelled way gross all night. But let me tell you, it was so worth it. I got to wear my darker, summer shade of foundation this morning, you can't see my veins through my legs, and most importantly, nobody in Disneyland will go blind when they see my legs reflecting the sunlight.

I did learn a few things though: always always always pat dry your feet. My feet turned out kind of orange, but I don't even care. Also, if you are a women and have legs larger than toothpicks, stand with them further apart than you normally would. I have this awkward less-than-tan area on the inside of my legs. And finally, even if you are nervous, don't bend your arms so much that the spray stuff can't get inside the crook of your elbow. White circles are not attractive.

I know this all sounds way superficial, but I am pretty sure that there is some unspoken rule that if you have skin whiter than printer paper you are allowed to be kind of superficial when it comes to this stuff.

Next time I blog it will be about Disneyland!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment