Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Seriously.

I have been getting hives off and on ever since we got back from California about two weeks ago. I have no idea what they are from; we haven't switched shampoos, soaps, lotions...nothing. So finally on Monday I went to the doctor and he gave me some sort of steroid that should gradually get whatever is causing the hives out of my system. He told me that the meds could make me sleepy or hyper, and that they will most likely make me moody. I expected them to make me sleepy, because I am mostly sleepy all the time, but my mom told me that when she was on it they made her have more energy. Well mostly she said they interfered with her sleep, but it's basically the same thing.

I had no idea what I was in for. I took my first dose yesterday morning and let me tell you, I am loving these things. After a few hours yesterday morning I was feeling sort of sad, then I felt anxious right before Spanish, but that is a pretty normal emotion before that class. During about the middle of Spanish though I realized that I hadn't really felt as tired as I usually do during the day. After class I talked with a good friend for a bit, then Brandon and I went suit shopping for him, then we went to dinner, came home and watched the voice, and then around 8:30 I went on a cleaning rampage. I had so much energy that I didn't even know what to do with it! I cleaned the living room, our room, the guest room, organized my side of the closet, put away the laundry from the hamper that usually stays in the hamper from Sunday until Thursday (on a good week, most weeks we just live out of the clean clothes hamper), and pretty much was just going nuts. There is a possibility that the two 21 oz diet cokes I had to drink last night played a part in this (okay lesbihonest, they probably played a huge part), but all I know is that finally at 10:30 last night we had to force ourselves to turn off The Office even though we weren't tired. I fell asleep probably just after 11:00, but I woke up at 4:00 and had to go to the bathroom. I pretty much was ready to get out of bed at that point, but I knew that I would hate life today if I did that, plus Sophie wanted to snuggle and I never turn down a snuggle sesh from my kitty. I only slept for like 45 minutes of the next hour and a half until the alarm went off, but as soon as it went off I got out of bed! That never happens! Even better, I actually got to work 2 minutes early and was able to clock in right at 7:00, which rarely happens on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. But I did fall down the stairs this morning, that was bad. Mom says to wait a few days until the moodiness kicks in. I feel bad that Brandon is likely going to have to endure more moodiness from me than he already gets, but we can just say I am teaching him patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment