Monday, December 17, 2012

What a good weekend!

I just want to take a minute (or several) and tell you all how great my weekend was! First, Friday morning I got to sleep in until 8:00, and it was magical. Brandon and I got up and took our time getting ready and packing for the weekend, and finally hit the road around 11:00 after picking up our Christmas cards at Walmart. The drive was long, but we made it there by watching/listening to Santa Clause 2. We got to Boise around 4:00 and hung out with the fam all night! I helped my mom make a tasty dinner, then went to Target with her to pick up Anthony's pictures. Let me tell you, my brothers are pretty dang good looking. It's incredible how much they have grown up. When we were at Target, we bought Christmas Vacation 2. What. A. Ripper. I talked my mom into letting my brothers open their gifts from me and Brandon! We got Adrian a hammock, and Anthony opened his birthday present, which was a wallet. Then they made us each open up a present! Brandon got the newest Maroon 5 cd and the movie The Dark Knight Rises, and I got the Elvis Christmas cd. Let me tell you: best gift ever!!!!
Saturday morning we woke up early, and my mom and I took Adrian to his wrestling match. We dropped him off around 7:45, then we went to Walmart for some shopping. Afterwards we went to McDonalds for some breakfast beverages. We both commented on how we wish we were the kind of ladies that went to Starbucks, but we're cheap, and Starbucks is not, so McDonalds it was. Then it was back to the high school for some wrestling. Adrian had a by his first match, so he didn't end up wrestling until after 12:30. Brandon's parents got to the school at 12:30 to pick him up and take him to the game, so he didn't get to even see Adrian wrestle. It was fun but scary to see Adrian wrestle. Most of the time I wanted to jump over the railing and punch the kids my little bro was wrestling. It made me so nervous! But not the girl, he conquered the girl real quick.
After wrestling, we went home and ordered some pizza. Brandon's family came over after the game and had dinner with us before they headed back to Logan. It was nice to have both families together! After dinner we six went to look at the coolest lights in Boise. A video of it can be seen here. We went home and watched Dark Knight Rises, except only Brandon and dad made it through the whole movie. The rest of us are old people and went to bed early.
Sunday we woke up early again and drove to Twin Falls to meet family and exchange gifts. Adrian rode with me and Brandon on the way there, and we listened to some music from our past. It was pretty great, that kid is a hoot. We got to Sizzler, ate some tasty food, then went back to the cars to exchange gifts. We blasted the Elvis cd from our car, and got to watch my dad and grandma bust a few moves in the parking lot. It would have been embarrassing if it hadn't been so dang funny.
I got to spend some quality time with my mom, watch Adrian wrestle for the first time, dance with him in the car, watch my dad dance (sorta), and laugh with my entire family all weekend. It was so much fun!! Hopefully I get to see them again soon.
Brandon and I came home and put the presents under the tree and made milkshakes and nachos for dinner, then laid down to watch more Revenge. I fell asleep pretty early, but we got to sleep until 6:30 this morning, so we were pretty happy!
I want to gloat about Brandon's grades!! He got his first 4.0 ever in college!! The finance final that he was most nervous about ended up being his best grade out of any of his finals. He got 100%!!! How great is that? He is such a hard worker, I am so proud of him!!
It started snowing here around 1:00 and hasn't stopped yet! I was going to maybe leave early because I woke up sick today, but I am hoping that the snow will slow down sometime before 5:00. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Tonight is sushi night, and maybe some ice cream from Coldstone. Hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment