Thursday, December 1, 2011

O Christmas Tree

We did it folks! We bought our first Christmas tree!!! We bought it at Wal-Mart since we are only about a block away. We strapped it to the top of the Xterra and drove it on home! Sadly, there were too many fat branches for it to fit in our tree stand, and we didn't have a saw! So we went up to Brandon's parents house and got a saw, went home and sawed off the branches, and got it all set up! We had hot chocolate and listened to Christmas music while we decorated, it was wonderful.We don't have many ornaments, but I still love it all the same. There are some pictures down below. We also hung up Christmas lights outside! I am trying to be more crafty and good at decorating, so I hung some ornaments in the window of our guest bedroom to add some more holiday cheer, and they look pretty good! This is what it looks like kind of.


But our ornaments are just red glittery balls from the dollar store. I have really grown to love that place. So many good items!!!
The end of the semester is coming up quickly (thank goodness) and we can't wait for it to be over. After today, we only have six more days of class, then finals! I am so ready for a new semester. I was just looking at my grades though, and I could not be happier with them (except for maybe one class, maybe.) This year has been so incredible so far; I can't believe how much better it has been. Last year was rough, but everything has changed, and it's all because of Brandon. What a cute little husband.
That is all for today. I'm ready for another long six hours of work. Hopefully I can find a good book!!


Brandon with his new (free) shoes.

Sorry...sideways view of the tree.

I used all the spare branches to make a fort for Sophie...







This is clearly not about Christmas, but about two weeks ago I was washing dishes and Sophie climbed all the way up my back and just like, laid down on my shoulder. I bent over a bit to make sure she wouldn't fall off, and she took that as an invitation to move down lower on my back and just lay down. She's an idiot, but I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment