Monday, December 5, 2011

Definitely a little behind...

This weekend was a great one for sure. Friday night I got off work around seven and we went and got some much needed Mexican food. Afterwards, we went grocery shopping. I can't believe how excited I get when we get to go grocery shopping at the first of every month. We seriously had hardly any food; just cereal and ramen noodles. Our pantry is full, and I have a whole three weeks of meals planned! Last night was cheeseburger and milkshake night. We had chocolate banana milkshakes with our burgers and it hit the spot. The only bad part about last night's dinner is that our apartment still smells like beef. We went over to our friend's house to meet their new baby and their dog kept licking our pants. I'm assuming it was because of the beef smell, but needless to say it was awkward.
I am behind with the movies we have watched recently!! Friday, we watched Frosty Returns, the sequal to our Thursday night movie.


Brandon had never seen this movie, but I definitely remembered it during the first song they sang. It's not as good as the first, but that is okay :)
Saturday night after we both got off work, Brandon and I went to his parents house to have dinner, then we all went and saw A Christmas Carol at Skyview High. A local theatre company was putting on the play, and it was great! My friend Colton that I worked with at the movie theater was in the play, so it was really fun to watch him.
Yesterday was a fantastic day of relaxation, naps, and cookies. We didn't get out of bed until about 10:30, then had a small Gossip Girl marathon :) Brandon is a great husband for watching it with me. Around two, we started an ABC Family Christmas movie called Snowglobe. I fell asleep during it, but Brandon said it was decent.

Winter is starting to hit us hard here in Logan. It was a whopping eleven degrees this morning when Brandon left for work at 7:45, and has only increased five degrees since then, and it is noon. It snowed a little bit yesterday, but it was fairly sunny all day. I just can't wait to be in Boise twenty days from now and have a little bit warmer weather!
Brandon started staining the coffee table yesterday!! We stained our bar stools to match our kitchen table, and even though one needs another coat or two, they are looking dang good. I'm really excited to see how the coffee table turns out. It has been a light color my whole life, so it will be fun to see it dark.
This is just the start of my ten hour work day. I'm hoping I can find enough things to do to stay busy and not go insane. I started reading the Hunger Games last week and am not very far, but I probably will end up finishing the book today. If I don't, then I am a true failure. This week is dead week for us, meaning no tests or quizzes or papers, and it also means that next week is finals week! Neither of us is too stressed about finals, so hopefully they go over well. Happy Monday, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment