Sunday, June 30, 2013

Not a very exciting post.

I honestly wouldn't blame you if you didn't read this entire thing. Mostly I'm just bored and slightly angry at the whole prospect of grad school. I took another practice GRE test today, and I did pretty well. The unfortunate part is that my scores are not really increasing at all. I have spent at least two hours everyday Monday through Friday studying, and my scores are staying the same and I just don't understand why. My verbal score is in the 64th percentile and my math is in the 68th, and to get into UNCC I need a combined score being in the 65th percentile, so I'm doing pretty well. To get into BSU I don't even technically have to take the GRE, so I'm being an overachiever on that front.

The thing is, I actually want to take the GRE, and I want to do really well. I don't want to settle for a school that doesn't require it or that only requires you to be in the 40th percentile (not that BSU isn't an option, but you'll see what I'm saying in a minute). I want to prove to myself and to other people that I am smart enough and good enough to get into schools that are actually recognized for their programs. I couldn't get into Harvard to Stanford or any place like that, and I know that, but what a cool feeling it would be to get accepted into the program at a school where it is actually competitive. I had planned to take the GRE for real on July 18th, but now I'm not so sure. We will see what happens I guess.

In other news, Brandon took a practice GMAT test today and got the highest score he has ever received, so his studying has definitely paid off!

Life is just the same old same around here. Still working forty hours a week, stuck inside instead of eating sno cones hourly and laying poolside. (Still studying for the GRE and not improving my score, not that I'm upset about it). The afternoons have gotten too hot to play outside, so we have started taking naps every day. It sounds way lazy, but we are way more productive at night if we sleep for an hour after work. Getting up at 5:30 am is super hard! After naps we make dinner, hang out and talk, then Brandon has his "GMAT class" which is just study time at home that he set in place himself. He has done a really great job of keeping up with it, surprisingly. He wanted his "class" to go from 7:00-8:30, but even when we have something else going on he always devotes at least 45 minutes to studying before we go to bed. It has been nice for him to use this time, because I just go upstairs and exercise for like an hour and a half, and then we go running when he is done. Much like my studying situation, I have been working out a ton, but am not seeing a change yet. However, the batteries in our scale have been dead for like two weeks and it is actually really nice to not base how I feel off numbers. That being said, we have to go to the store tonight, and will probably be buying batteries, if we don't forget...again...for like the tenth time.

We are pretty excited for this week! Not only is it the Fourth of July, which is probably my second favorite holiday, but we are taking off Wednesday through Friday and going to Idaho Falls to see my family! I love holidays in Idaho Falls. We used to go to I.F. for every Fourth and Thanksgiving, and I don't think we have been there for the Fourth in like five years or something. But mostly, I haven't seen my family in like two and a half months, and that's a really long time when you are used to going to see them once a month! Adrian has his driver's permit now, so that's a little weird, but it will be fun to experience his driving! Anthony has a ladyfriend of sorts, so I will probably spend a majority of our time questioning him about his love life. 

Three weeks after the Fourth is our vacation and I am so excited! We finished booking all our hotel rooms, booked parasailing at Myrtle Beach, bought tickets for the Skywheel at Myrtle Beach, and bought our citypasses for Atlanta! Also I rewatched Safe Haven in preparation for our trip to Southport. I am hoping that the vacation is perfect. I am mostly excited for our days in Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Southport and Wilmington. Something about a road trip up the coast just sounds super great right now. Probably my disappointing GRE scores.

Anyways, that's about it for now. I had to work yesterday and today and it's just about time for me to get off work!

No comments:

Post a Comment